Market Breakfast = DELICIOUSNESS!!

Farmer's Market (aka Eastern Market)


This past weekend, Bob and I FINALLY hit the famous "Market Breakfast" that so many friends rave about!! We arrived at noon to find a l-o-n-g line awaiting us... On top of that, the staff was changing their sign from the breakfast to lunch menu. Instantly, I was annoyed that we just missed out on breakfast, which I was craving all morning long. I was SO HUNGRY and wanted nothing else but blueberry buckwheat pancakes! I felt I deserved those pancakes (I did my long run, met up with a friend, got ready for the day) and had not eaten all morning just so I could enjoy the deliciousness.... And now I can't even HAVE them??? UGHH!

As my temper started to flare up, the little old man working there announced that Bob and I were the last to receive breakfast- YIPPEEE!! I know it's so small, but it truly gave me such joy knowing I was going to get that mouthwatering breakfast I wanted so badly!!


After the 45 minute wait in line, we finally picked up our breakfast. As we were leaving, the cook said, "Here, take these extra pancakes. We made too many!" It was so kind of him, but we really did not need 3 extra BIG pancakes. So instead, my thoughtful husband took the extras and offered them to the people in line. Quickly, a little old lady raised her hand and was overwhelmed with excitement in knowing she just scored a free, mouthwatering breakfast! So glad we could bring a little pancake happiness to someone else!



Lesson learned: Be more gracious and thankful in even the simple things in life...especially, blueberry pancakes!!!


Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes... you are DELICIOUS!!! :)

2 comments:

the davidsons said...

what a cute story Katie...now you've got me hungry!

Drew and Bitar said...

I love this story...and as I was reading this, I could totally see you doing it all from getting disappointed you were going to miss breakfast to making someone else's day.