1/2 marathon fun!!

a sea of runners (8,000 total)


So, I did it! I completed my first 1/2 marathon in BEAUTIFUL San Diego. A great start to a week long family vacation!!!

2 goals I set for myself:
1. Never stop running
2. FINISH the race

... And I accomplished both goals, but only bc I physically pushed myself and mentally believed I could do it! My run was great and I felt AMAZING the first 10 miles of the race. It was the last 3 miles that I struggled through, but thank goodness my mental game kicked in. The last 3 miles was a constant uphill climb in the dead morning heat! It was intense, but I pushed through it and succeeded!!!

Now the question I ponder is, "will I do it again?" Honestly, I can't answer that question. I truly did enjoy it, but it also made me miss doing triathlons. So, my next physical adventure is to complete another sprint triathlon....making it 8 completed triathlons :)

Finishing the race! Family and friends were there to cheer me on :)

No comments: