4th of July Spectacular!


The 4th of July was such a wonderful and relaxing day! I started the day with my long run: 8 miles. At first, I wasn't sure I would be able to, as I haven't been great about doing my weekend long runs (I skipped 2 of them--opss). However, to my surprise I really enjoyed it! I ran down the national mall and then headed towards hains point, a runners paradise. Hains point is a little peninsula in the heart of DC with many family activities (running/biking trail, picnics, golfing, swimming, tennis, etc..). I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this great spot! I'm trying to get Bob to take me to the driving range soon. I don't have the patience nor the skill to actually play golf, but I sure do love hitting them as hard as I can on the driving range.

After my long run, I came home, took a shower and passed out for 2 hours. My body was tired. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel after running 13.1 miles. It's a good tired though :)

For our 4th of July dinner, Bob cooked some delicious hamburgers and then we headed up to our apartment roof top to watch the national mall fireworks. To my surprise, there were 35 different firework displays going on throughout DC/Virginia/Maryland and we got to see them all!! IT WAS BREATH TAKING!!! It was just the 2 of us and I think we could have stayed up there all night- it was PERFECT!

No comments: